Saturday, October 17, 2009

Good news VS Bad news

'There might be some changes in my medication.' I told my pastor today.

'Good news or bad news?'

I did not know how to answer him!


I went for my regular medical check-up yesterday at QE, an appointment that had been postponed, due to my pain last time.

God brought me to meet Dr. Kwan this time, a doctor who always cared for me, yet we seldom met.

As it was a rearranged appointment, I happened to be one of the last patients waiting yesterday. So he could afford to spend time to chat with me and help me. Thank God for this amazing arrangement!

I told Dr. Kwan that my pain attacked quite frequently recently, and ended up often focusing at the middle part of my back.

He gave me a thorough checkup, counting my ribs to make sure to get the precise location.

To my surprise, he looked carefully at my past X-ray records in the computer, to compare my recent record (last month), with another one taken in January.

'This mass has enlarged enormously, quite rapidly.'he explained to me and taught me how to study the X-ray records. Obviously the mass that near my middle back has grown quite fast.

'Let's have a CT scan to decide whether you are apt for another radiotherapy or not. Yet as this mass is quite near to the spinal cord, I am not sure whether it works or not.'

I am really touched, as I have already abandonned my hope for any further treatment from QE.

It's a good news to know that there can still be something to do, probably, to reduce my pain and the growth of my tumor.

It's a bad news to face the fact that the tumors grow not as slowly as I always hope, or guess.

Anyhow, life is full of surprises, especially when you have no further expectation....also God will always reveal the fact to me, whenever He thinks I have to know, not only my sickness, but in all aspects.

Let's pray and see what will come next!!!

-----using the computer offered by my friend to type this sharing,as a remembrance for the arrival of it at my home. Still no Chinese character installed.

3 comments:

Tiff said...

Fan,stand by you whatever u'r gonna face.

Mini said...

Wongfan, pray for u!

Lola said...

We're here
We're always here to support you

Keep Faith.